RO ’HIT-MAN’ SHARMA! – INDIA’S UNDISPUTED RUN MACHINE IS ON A SONG IN HIS 33rd YEAR!
We are in the last fortnight of ‘19 and India’s Vice Captain Rohit Sharma is still going out all guns blazing against EVERY single opponent.
He’s in a scorching hot form in EVERY format of the game. In the last ODI at Vizag, Sharma-ji ka ladka proved his mettle once again as he went on to break a plethora of records
Our client and a Number 3, Rohit (Jersey 45) is in the 33rd year and the family of 3-6-9 seems to be following him everywhere
On a Number 9 date, 18th,(18+12+2019=24), he scored 159 runs (1+5+9 = 15) facing 138 balls (1+3+8 = 12) in the process. It doesn’t end here, India (3) ended up scoring 387 (9)!
Also famous for being named as the ‘Six Machine’ he did not disappoint yesterday as he went on to score 5 huge sixes, totalling his tally for the year to 77 sixes, most by ANYONE in a calendar year!
With his 150+ score he also became the highest run scorer of 2019 scoring a total of 2379 (2+3+7+9 = 21) again favouring his favourite number 3
We’re not done yet, he took 213 (2+1+3 = 6) innings to score his 28th ODI ton
Here’s a list of records broken by Rohit Sharma this year-
I’m sure we missed out few more stellar records he broke in his 33rd year; we are after all Numerologists, not Statisticians
- Rohit became the first opener in International cricket to smash ten centuries in a calendar year. Rohit is also only the 4th Indian with 10+ International hundreds in a calendar year. Sachin Tendulkar struck a record 12 tons in 1998 while Virat Kohli had 11 hundred apiece in 2017 and 2018.
- Rohit now has seven centuries in ODI cricket in 2019; all against different oppositions. He struck hundreds against South Africa, Pakistan, England, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka during the CWC 2019 and an ODI ton against Australia at the start of the year. He thus became the first player to score ODI tons against seven different oppositions in a calendar year!
* This year Rohit became the first player to record three 150+ scores in ODI cricket against an opponent. (West Indies)
- Rohit’s 7 ODI centuries in 2019 are the joint 2nd most ODI tons by any player in a calendar year!
- Rohit Sharma has recorded a 150+ score in ODI cricket in every calendar year since 2013. His highest ODI score every year has been India’s highest ODI score in every year in these seven calendar years.
- The 159-run knock in Vizag is Rohit’s 8th ODI score of 150+ runs; the most 150+ ODI scores for any player.
- Rohit has smashed as many as 77 maximums (6’s) in International cricket in ‘19. These are the most International sixes by any player in a calendar year!
Rohit broke his own record which he set in 2018 with 74 sixes.
- RS has hit as many as 190 sixes in International cricket in India.
These are the most number of International 6’s by any player on Indian soil surpassing MS Dhoni’s 186 sixes!
- RS is only the 5th player to score 28 centuries in ODI cricket. He needed 213 (6) innings for his 28th ODI ton; the 2nd fewest innings to get there after Virat Kohli (189).